Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A great mother's day!

Wow, I couldn't have had a better day I don't think! We took my mom to breakfast at First Watch, one of our favorite breakfast places. They even gave all the mothers a box of Russel Stover chocolates. We thought that was pretty nice. Then we had noon pedicure appointments...just Taylor, Mawmaw Jan, and myself. Much needed and relaxing for all of us! My kids and lovely husband got me a kindle as my gift, which was totally a surprise! I've already read a whole book since sunday which is crazy and so unlike me. Then we barbequed at our house for Jason's parents. It was a great dinner of turkey tenderloin, chicken kabobs, pork steaks, fresh broccoli, and sweet potatoes...yum! The day was topped off by me winning $100 on a scratch off from my in-laws! Wow...I never win a thing! It was my special day I guess!
Too bad we didn't get Taylor in any of these pics :(




 The whole weekend was fun filled. Friday night we went to the baseball game with my dad (who was in town for the weekend), aunt Cindy, and Julie (who got the tickets for us). We were in the Bank of America suite which was all free food and beer! Nice, except for it was almost the fastest game in history! The game was over by 9:15pm, so we met Janece over at Kilroys for a few more drinks.





Saturday we met Jason's parents at Fairmount Park for Derby Day! I've never gone to the track on the day of the derby, but it was pretty fun. I wish I would have worn my hat now! I told Jason that everyone would be wearing their derby hats, but I don't think he believed me. You should have even seen the girls wearing fancy dresses and gloves?? I don't think they were really anyone. I think they just did it for the fun of it.
We did win some money on some of the races, but nothing on the derby :( We were over at my gpa's by the time the derby started for another BBQ with my dad's whole side of the family. Those are always good times. Its still so weird without pawpaw there, but I know everyone loves still gathering there...its comforting I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment