Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Run Mommy Run!

What an awesome day for a marathon!  It was almost too hot at 75 degrees!  It was a great race besides that Taylor didn't really get to see mommy running.  She had been sick on Saturday and they got off to a late start Sunday morning.  By the time they got down to where I told Jason our cheer station would be the roads were blocked and he couldn't get there. He was actually on the full marathon course so I text him (yes, I run and text at the same time!) to walk down a few blocks, but by the time they got there I had already passed!!  I really wanted to see them, it always gives me motivation to keep going, but I missed 'em and had to go 3 more miles on my own!  Jason said Taylor was cheering and clapping for the other runners. 
It was pretty brutal going uphill in the sun those last couple miles. I actually caught a girl who was stumbling about to pass out just before the finish!  I asked a couple bystanders to help me out so I could finish and then took off in a sprint!  The good part was that I finished just barely under 2 hours!  It wasn't my best half, but it came in a close second.  I was so excited to see my family at the finish too!  Taylor said..."Mommy you got a medal and you won!" God love her!  She asked me several times if I won and I just kept telling her yes....she was so excited! 
The rest of the day was so nice and relaxing. We pulled a big blanket out in the yard, layed around in the sun, played in the sandbox, barbequed, and enjoyed a couple cold bud lights! ahhh!  What a great spring!

Next race is Lewis and Clark on October 3rd!  I'm thinking I may try to talk Jason into this one??? Or not! :) This one is a pretty easy course. Even if you are not up for running a marathon, but want a good challenge it would be fun to walk too.  October should be really nice weather too! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment