Friday, April 30, 2010

Meet Dorsy!

Dorsy is our new fish.  Why Dorsy??? I don't know?  I was giving Taylor suggestions for names like, Willy, Luna (Willy's sister), Nemo, Dory, Marlin, Flounder...all the fish names I could think of and she said, "How about Dorsy?" So, Dorsy it is then! 
We got Dorsy at Petsmart. Taylor really, really wants a dog and talks about Jack still all the time, but I thought maybe we could start with a fish. And, I was sure not to just get any fish, like a goldfish that would die tomorrow!  I asked the lady at petsmart what could we not kill??? She suggested the Beta fish. She said also a little frog was pretty easy, but Taylor wanted the fish instead. She picked out a pretty blue one. 
So has she been taking care of him?  Well, we have to remind her to feed him, but then she does. We have cleaned his bowl once since we got him almost two weeks ago.  He's pretty easy.
Last night the neighbors dog was at the fence and she said, "I wish I had a dog. I miss Jack!" Dad said, "Well maybe soon you can get one." I don't know if he's serious, but she would love it! I know, I know....we don't need one and we don't have the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment