Friday, June 25, 2010

Beauty and the Beast!

I was so excited about taking Taylor to Beauty and the Beast at the Muny. I thought this year she was finally old enough to go and I thought I'd start a fun new tradition for us girls.  I remember going to the Muny when I was a kid to see Disney musicals and I loved it, so I thought she would too. I went to get tickets and came home and told her...."Taylor, me and you are going to go see Beauty and the Beast outside!" She said, "Mom, I'm not going to see that! I hate Beauty and the Beast!" Oh great, I thought! I spent alot of money on these tickets and she doesn't even want to go!  So, we watched Beauty and the Beast movie. She was scared a few times by the Beast, but I told her he turns nice and he's not mean. By the end she really liked it and she was excited to go. 
Of course it just had to be the hottest day ever that day and it was opening night.  Poor thing was sweaty and waited so patiently for it to start. I was sooooo soooo proud of her though. She was so good and she watched the whole thing!! It was so hard for her to see too. She sat on my lap the whole time and even wanted to stand to see, but I told her she couldn't becasue people behind her couldn't see then. I felt sorry for her that she wanted to really see more clearly...it was cute! Intermission was at 10pm and she was still up and going.  We got in the car at 11pm and I couldn't believe she made it through the dripping sweat and the late night. I told her I was so proud of my big girl! She went home to her sleeping daddy and told him that mommy was so proud of her and she watched the whole thing and wasn't even scared!
It was a great show, but it was for sure a little long....even for me!

1 comment:

  1. glad you survived, poor lil taylor!
    I read that the beast even wore ice packs under his costume, shesh!

    ReplyDelete