Tuesday, June 1, 2010

She Did It!

Yesterday Parker pulled up and stood for the first time!  And not only once, but about 4 times!  I knew she was ready, but she was always just doing it with me holding her hands. She didn't really have anything the right height for her to pull up on. I put the legs on her little activity table and right away she went to her knees and then pulled up!  I think she surprised herself even. She let go for a second and almost fell and I think it scared her, but she is pretty daring trying to walk around it.  She then tried to pull up on the table leg while we were eating dinner and busted her face on the leg! ouch!  Poor thing...you try something new and look what you get.  Just this weekend she has sprouted it seems! She is all over the place crawling and now with standing we will really have to watch it. I think she's gonna get lots of bumps and bruises!
It was a nice fun, long weekend. Friday night Taylor and Jason camped out in the back yard.  I can't believe she actually did it without coming in in the middle of the night! We sat out on the patio until about 9:30pm and she waited patiently with her pillow on her lap. She finally said, "daddy, can we go to bed in the tent now?"  I went and tucked them in and she was out within minutes! She came in and woke me at 6:30am and said, "Mommy, the sun is up and I slept in the tent! Now its time to make eggs!" 
We went out to Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house that day to swim for the first time this year and they had a blast. Parker splashed the whole time! It was all in her face and she didn't care one bit! She loved the water. She would have just let go and swam if we would have let her I think.  Taylor wasn't so quick to swim on her own. She clung to me for a while with her wings on, but she got used to it soon enough.
Sunday was time to go to Mawmaw Jan's house. Daddy went fishing. Parker still isn't too sure about Mawmaw Jan, but she did better than last time!  Taylor had fun with David in the baby pool and playing inside and Parker pretty much just let me hold her the whole day! We went to Pirronne's that evening at about 8:00 and had dinner.  I knew Taylor would want to go home with Julie, so I asked if David could spend the night at our house. Julie was worried he wouldn't do so good, but he wanted to come.  They were so excited for thier "sleepover!" David said, "this is gonna be the best sleepover ever!" I made them a big bed on the living room floor and they watched Free Willy. It was cute!
A long weekend was much needed!  I love those! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend, glad you guys are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy- it scares me to hear what Parker is doing because I know my gang is right behind her! Life is about to get CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete