Thursday, January 20, 2011

trouble maker!

I always thought that girls were girls....easy, sweet, no trouble. I was way wrong! Taylor and Parker couldn't be more opposite...at least at the age Parker is! I haven't been posting alot lately. The holidays were crazy, work has been way too busy and I don't ever get an extra minute to write about our little monster at home! I can't believe we haven't been to the ER yet, but we came close with the embroidery machine incident. Thats another thing thats been keeping me busy, but the problem is that I don't have a work space, so I embroider and sew on the basement floor. Okay with me except that the kids are always down there too and Parker is a little too nosy! I actually watched it happen....I turned my back for one minute while the machine was going and turned around to see her putting her little finger right under the needle!!!! The needle went right through her middle finger and came out the other side! Oh lord...I get sick all over just telling the story! The machine jammed up and her and I both screamed equally loud! Jason and Taylor were in the other room and came running. I held her hand under the machine so she would not rip her finger out, but I really for a split second could see us carrying the machine in to the ER with her finger in it. Thank god, I was able to loosen the needle and we got it out with the needle still through it and Jason had to pull it out! She was very lucky it went through the side and tip of her finger and not the nail. It also didn't get her bone. Taylor and I were more histerical than she was really. 5 minutes later she was nearing the machine again and eating the bandaid off her finger....really kid??? Thats been our worst so far with her, but here are just a few more of her little tricks so far...
  • coloring on her face and eyes with a black marker (probably doing her makeup like mommy!)
  • throwing shoes in the bathtub (with water in it) and cd's in the shower (while I'm in it.)
  • climbing from the highchair on to the table.
  • finding a pack of gum and opening piece by piece and shoving it in her mouth (trident green too...Taylor doesn't even like that stuff).
  • getting her little butt stuck in the top of a Barbie van (not a riding toy, a barbie van for barbies). She tried to climb into it and the babysitter couldn't get her out!
  • shakes her finger at us and tells us "No No No"....quite funny sometimes!
I've never seen a baby do the things she does! Taylor never climbed, never opened drawers, never hit, never told us no, nothing! I must say she is a handfull and I'm really nervous for the school days with this one, but there is never a dull moment. She makes us laugh more than anything! She is very outgoing and talks up a storm. Everyday she says more words. She can be polite too, saying Please and Thank You for things (thank you to the babysitter for that) and she loves to snuggle with her taggie blankie and new pillow mommy made for her for Christmas. We wouldn't trade her for the world. Even Sissy gets a pretty good kick out of her....when she's not getting beat up by her!

No comments:

Post a Comment